Week of 6/16 Update

This week was a very short week because I took some time off to go camping.

I started the week off by putting the final touches on the aphid experiment. First I sealed the bags containing the plants that were not to receive aphids. I then introduced aphids that Louie had collected at Bobcat ranch to the plants receiving the aphid treatment.

While I was at the Greenhouse I checked on the seedlings planted in the depots the previous week and the cohort that was planted the previous week. I thinned out the number of seedlings to one for the plants that had multiple emergences.

I ended the week by checking the LTRAS and PCR sites for volunteer monarchs. On top of the few volunteers I found, I noticed that PCR was doing substantially worse. This week I noted 32 dead plants, and 90 plants that are yellowing and drying out. It seems that 90% of the replants from June 4th are not pulling through. I did notice 18 plants that had “died off” are putting out new stems, so there might be more hope for these plants in future weeks.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: