Week of 7/21 Update

This week I finished numbering the irrigation tubes at North Davis Creek. This is a secondary backup numbering system for the plants at this site. The plots’ also have aluminum number tags and the numbered stickers on the plant protectors.

The volunteer check this week yielded no results. It was surprising that no monarch eggs or caterpillars were found since we’ve seen many adult monarchs around this site.

I moved the aphid experiment plants onto outdoor benches. They were sprayed again the following morning to control (and hopefully eliminate) the aphid population. The plants were also arranged into a random order for their treatments.

I finished up the week entering the volunteer data, triple checking formerly entered data, catching up with the blog, writing protocols for my successor and gathering and returning lab supplies.

This is my final blog post for the MMMILC Project. It has been a pleasure being a part of this project, truly. I’ve met several characters due to this experience I will not soon forget. I hope what I have helped build here carries on to become something great. Be well, readers.

Chase happiness,
August

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: