It took me a little while to find the milkweed plants. I found it eventually and had to look at multiple plants befor I found it. The longer stems were completely dead and brown. There were a few dead leaves on these long dead stems. The shorter stems were nice and bright green with a lot of leaves. On the way to the plant I saw another milkweed plant covered in red aphids. They were swarming all over the plant.
I am doing this internship in order to get some experience in research and to get outside more often. I think it’s going to be super cool to find all the different insects and observe the variety in the plants. I remember getting one of the Monarch butterfly kits as a kid and want to see them in the wild as well. I can’t wait to do this with my fellow students and am looking forward to the following months.