Today, I went out in the ditch to look at section 7, plants 389 to 420, with George VanVorhis and Clare Mullin. It took us about two hours to do our entire section, and we only found two very small live plants at the very beginning.
After that, almost the entire area was overgrown with grass and weeds, and it took a lot of crawling around just to find the tags and confirm that the plants were not there. Many of these were too overgrown for there to be any milkweed.
Overall, this trip was very uneventful, but we were still just learning what we are supposed to do. We now have a much better idea of how to look for the plants, and I hope I’ll be able to go quicker next time.