April 10th

imageToday Sydney Russo and I went to the trench to collect data for plants 389 through 420. The trip was made much easier with the placement of the blue flags, it cut the time we spent looking for the plants in half so that we were able to finish in less than an hour. This week both Sydney and I had much greater success in finding the milkweeds. We found about 2/3 milkweeds. They were also much bigger than last time one stem even reached 31 inches. Though we experienced a dry spell of about 15 consecutive not emerged plants. We believe that some were just too small to find. Overall it was a successful outing.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: