Week 2

For the second week, I was paired with Angela and Fox, and together we went into the ditch Friday to collect our data. With the help of the new blue marker flags, finding the plants became much easier, and the process was sped up a lot.

As we looked through the plants, we noticed a huge variation in the different sizes of the plants, as some had only one stem, while others had upwards of twenty. On these bigger plants, we noticed that they were almost completely covered in aphids. In addition to these we found multiple monarch eggs as well as a few first instar catipillars.

%d bloggers like this: