Last week, we ran a couple of quick polls. Here are the results:
And Quick Poll 2:
Although only 9 of 24 participants actually responded to the polls, it still seems to be pretty useful data; we’ll use this to help plan our office hours in the future.
The field work in week 1 was much harder than expected, but I hope it got easier to find the plants in Week 2. What do you think (quick, 3-question poll)? We’re also starting to plan a Q&A session with the mentors at DHS, and would like to get your input on what would be most valuable to talk about then.
It looks like data entry was about what folks expected, but we did have lots of data entry gaps cropping up in Week 2, mostly with observation times and kit.IDs. Please remember to record those data in the datasheet! Gaps in the datasheet make it impossible to run the analysis, so we have to wait until those are all resolved before I can generate the weekly report. In fact, I’m waiting for one last team to clear up their data entry gaps right now, grrrr.
Okay, data are in, and the analysis run! I’ve added a few more plots for this week. Here are some highlights (as usual, the full data and individual reports are available on the shared folder):
Monarch observations approximately doubled!
Milkweed observations holding steady at the target – nice job. Big increase in eggs observed this week!
Thursday and Sunday continue to be the most popular days to do field work.
I like these two maps. The size of the points is proportional to the size of the milkweed in terms of total stem length. The color is proportional to the number of monarchs observed on each plant. That central section around 300-375 seemed to have the largest plants and the most monarchs – might be able to start looking at those correlations next week, and possibly comparing this year’s results with last year’s.
For those of you who haven’t received a t-shirt yet, those should be in this week – stay tuned!
Thanks for all your hard work out there!