This week Kyle Tran, Morgan Mooney and I went to the trench to collected data for plants 294 through 325. I got the kit and we met at plant 294. Kyle and I traded off between doing the measurements while Morgan wrote down the data. We noticed that there were many more stems than we had previously observed. We also noticed that the umbels of a few plants were flowering, which we had never seen before. We only found two eggs and no caterpillars, though we did find a non-monarch caterpillar laying on the underside of a leaf. At first we thought it was a monarch caterpillar but after looking at the reference sheet we concluded that it wasn’t. It took as about an hour to finish the whole process, overall a successful outing.