This week I went out to sample with Griffin D. and Sean M. We went on Sunday the 15th after we had lunch together and sampled plants 389-420. Sampling was relatively fast (we sampled from 12:38-13:12) as 16 of our 30 plants were either dead or had not emerged yet. Unfortunately we were disappointed that we hadn’t found any monarchs on our plants.
The forecast for the day reported sunny but partially cloudy weather and temperatures ranging from 52 degrees to 85 degrees Fahrenheit, so not only was the sampling process fast, but also was fairly enjoyable as the heat was not too bad. After we had finished we spent some additional time talking about the project in the ditch and then headed home to call it a day.