Week 23

We were a little bit short on people this week, so we had to double up on a couple of sections. Everything ran pretty smoothly, though. We got to work with some of the UCD mentors, and visiting research students, which was a lot of fun. We didn’t see very many monarchs compared to previous weeks(at least in the section we monitored), but we did see a few. Our section had a lot of plants that were not emerged, though, so that may be why. Aphids are beginning to take over a lot of the plants, and the plants are beginning to look less healthy. Almost all of the plants are going to seed now. I’ve also been noticing some monarch wings on the ground around several plants. I’m not sure what that means, but I’ve seen it several times in the last couple of weeks.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: