The MMMILC Project

Monthly Archives: April 2017


Week 4 Blog

On Wednesday afternoon right after school, my partners and I met up at the ditch. It had been great weather throughout the day so I was glad that we would have good weather during our data collection. We were surprised…

Read More

Week 4 in the Ditch

This week Maddie, Breana, and myself were responsible for measuring plants 345-369. Most of the plants had not yet emerged but the ones that had, were quite large, with one plant have a stem length close to 40 cm. Unfortunately,…

Read More

Yesterday Giancarlo, Wade, and I went out to the ditch in the morning. We observed plants 296 to 320. It was difficult having to look each plant in the tall grass. Many of the plants had not emerged yet, however we…

Read More

Today my group and I ventured into the ditch after school. Lyla, Tate, and I had milkweeds #223-246. We noticed that as we walked farther down the ditch, the plants got larger with a lot more stems. We saw some plants…

Read More

Week 4

Happy Tuesday! Yesterday Sarah, Nancy, and I went out to observe plants #468-491. It was a beautiful sunny day that later turned into an overcast (but still very nice) day. We encountered a lot of friendly dog walkers who gave…

Read More

Week Three Milkweed Data

This week Meg Ye, Emma Bridges, and I ventured to the ditch on Friday for the third week of data collection. The weather was warm following a wet period so we expected substantial growth from the previous week. We did…

Read More

Third Week

It was cloudy on Saturday which made the temperature cool when my team went out to measure our milkweeds. It seems that most milkweeds have emerged, but there are still a few just don’t seem to want to sprout. Our…

Read More

Field Data Week 3

My group and I went out into the field this week on Wednesday afternoon and found many of the plants we were assigned were not emerged while one or two were as tall as 16 cm. This was strange to…

Read More

Week 3

Shortly after picnic day my partner Cody Hargadon and I went to collect data on our assigned plants (345-369). It was nice but humid outside and there was plenty of pollen in the air. The plants were easy to find…

Read More

Week Three of Data Collection

This week Amy Fang, Sarah Grahn, and I were assigned plants 394 to 418. We went on Saturday after we were done with Picnic Day. Luckily, it had not rained heavily recently so it was not muddy as it has…

Read More