The MMMILC Project

Monthly Archives: July 2017


Week 15: A Hot and Buggy Day

Today was a very hot day.  We had a lot of milkweed plants to cover, filled with many stems and pods.  We also didn’t find many (plants not emerged) NE’s today.  Our group also encountered many bugs, from crab spiders…

Read More

Milkweed bugs

Today my group and I fond a caterpillar on a milk weed plant. The caterpillar was in it L5 stage. It was munching on  a milkweed plant. We also find a large milkweed bug it was on the plant. Bye…

Read More

I saw caterpillar on a milkweed it look like it  just got done eating. Then me and my group fond giant milkweed with about 30 steams. I also saw a large milkweed bug on the plant.

Read More

Week 14

The sections that we had didn’t have much of the milkweed plants. Some had a couple and others may had a bit more. We didn’t find monarchs or any other bugs while collecting data. We did end up finding one…

Read More

Week 13: It feels like summer.

Last week, we measured 226 milkweeds, and noted 3 ERRORs. Two of three of these were well documented in the notes (a tree fell on top of a plant, and one plant couldn’t be located), but the third is a…

Read More