First Measurements

The group I worked with was assigned plants 262 to 293, which were farther down the path than we had anticipated.  However, once we found the section, the measurements were fairly simple and straightforward, especially since many of the milkweed plants were either small or not emerged.  On some of the larger plants, we saw quite a few small and large milkweed bugs.  One plant was even host to a praying mantis.  We tried to get to the site early on Sunday to avoid the heat, but, by the last few measurements, it was already pretty hot and there was not much shade in our section.  It was a hot but interesting day.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: