The MMMILC Project

Category: Uncategorized


Blog on 11/2

Today, our group went out to the field for milkweeds number 389 to 420. We didn’t see a lot of milkweeds that are still around. there were a few milkweeds that were blocked/ covered up by the falling branches from…

Read More

Week 31 In the Field

Kyra Lee, Emi Eckey and I measured and recorded our Milkweeds, numbers 326 through 357, on Wednesday November 1st.  The weather was cool and a bit cloudy while we walked through the ditch.  Sadly many of our Milkweeds had not…

Read More

10/27 Trip

This past Friday Everett, Taylor, and I went to measure plants 326 to 357. It was warmer than expected and really sunny when we went. The majority of the plants had died or were not there, but the remaining ones…

Read More

Week 10/23

I went to the fields with my group mates, Joseph and Emi, on Sunday morning. Emi needing to leave very shortly brought some concern as we were unsure how quickly we could finish. I had never gone to the 400…

Read More

Field Day

Last Thursday, Stephanie, Amelia, and I went out to record data for plants 421 to 452. From several weeks of this internship, we were quick and efficient with recording the plants. Out of the milkweeds we observed, many of them…

Read More

10/29/17 Visit

This week, my parters Jessica, Tatum, and I met up at the ditch early on Sunday morning to find that the majority of our plants (#389-420) were not emerged. This made the process of measuring go by quite quickly, and…

Read More

Week 10/23

Thursday afternoon, Sarah Needles, Ronja Keely, and I all went out to the ditch to do our weekly measurements. We were assigned milkweeds that had many stems, and our hopes were dashed when we did not get many not emerged…

Read More

Another Day of Sun 

Earlier this week, Fiona, Luke, and I ventured to the levee for another round of data collection to measure our assigned milkweed plants 453 to 484. We were surprised at how warm the weather was considering it is the end…

Read More

Week 30

This afternoon, Byron, Claire, and I went out into the surprisingly hot sun to measure milkweeds 294-325.  Unlike other sections of milkweed, this sample had few non-emerged plants and quite a few with at least 20 or more stems.  Our…

Read More

10/21/17 Blog entry

Last saturday evening, my group and I went out to collect data on milkweeds 458-488. It was a nice day to go out and collect data, and we were greeted by several dogs out on a walk through the area….

Read More